Rub and rest

Sometimes it seems that I function better on little sleep. I'm accustomed to 3 - 4 hours per night now, and though I go through a weary phase in the last hour before Papi comes home, I feel pretty awake the whole day. On the amazing occasion of a 6 hour night's rest, I find that I feel incredibly tired all day long.
I do find naps appealing. Most days there is a bit of overlap since Sahara still needs a good rest after lunch. And then there are days like today, when one wakes up when the other goes down. The silver lining is that I get to spend 1 on 1 time with each of my perlitas.
Lydia has been rubbing her eyes a lot this week. Is it the dry heat of our indoor air in winter, or something else? Pray tell me your thoughts.
Pablo choose out a magnolia tree (10 feet tall + wide) with his birthday gift cert. from Down to Earth. We planted it this weekend.




Now that we have been gardening here for 6 years, we have a better sense for how big bushes and trees will get. It can be hard to imagine how something so small can grow so big.