Back To School

It has been a long time since I stood in front of a group of squiggly kids as a teacher. Today was my first day back and even though I only taught for 40 minutes I feel completely drained.
Today I am thankful for rest time. Sahara has grown beyond naps but she accepts rest time and plays in her room quietly for at least an hour. I am also grateful for Carmen. She is our wonderful friend who took care of Sahara at 5 months when I went back to teaching. She was supposed to leave in June and then it got bumped to September and now she won't return to France until December. (I'm hoping it will be June.) Today she was with Lydia for 5 hours and Lydia didn't cry once. I'm super thankful for Pablo who is such a loving papa and husband. He left work and biked up a huge hill to be with Sahara for her first morning of kindergarten.