Handmade Holidays


I wish I could check this out on Saturday.
We do have a great holiday market here with many amazing artists and craftfolk. It opened this past weekend. We all went, even Hope! Sahara had fun listening to the music and running around with other kids by the stage. Lydia happily watched them. We ate yummy food and were inspired by all the amazing trinkets and treasures that talented folk spend many hours creating. They hope that each creation will find an appreciative home.
If I had my way, gifts given to my family and received from my family would all be handmade. I'm wise enough to know that this would include gifts handmade by others in my community. If I didn't need any sleep, I would happily spend my nights knitting, sewing, painting, baking . . . creating for others.
I do have a great gift in the works for Sahara which will require about 2 hours alone with some fabric, scissors, thread and my sewing machine. I can't imagine when I could possible manage 2 hours alone without falling asleep, so I'll have to do about 15 minutes per day.