Double yolks

Tink (short for Tinkerbell) has been laying one egg every day this week. They are quite large and are double yoked. Pablo is a bit grossed out by them. I tell him it is a sign of good luck. Lydia is happy to eat them scrambled.


I am still having to buy eggs at the store because I've been doing lots of baking which is a bit unusual for this time of year. Most Augusts the last thing I want to do is turn the oven on. Today is gray and drizzly. Perfect weather for planting the leek and scallion starts I got on Tuesday. Yesterday I made two loaves of zucchini chocolate bread. It is good!

Today I plan on making a batch of zucchini muffins to freeze.

For dinner tonight we'll have a zucchini stir-fry with zucchini salad on the side. Or I could try a zucchini quiche . . . or breaded zucchini sticks. Too bad we don't have a grill. I love grilled zukes.