Autumn Warmth

I've learned not to ask "What did you do at school today?" Last year I asked that question of Sahara often and gained little insight into her mornings at preschool.
This year, she goes to kindergarten Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. I pick her up when I am done teaching. We each eat a snack on the ride to pick up Lydia and I listen. Some days she sings, asks questions about this or that, other days she sits quietly munching an apple or some walnuts. Occasionally she lets me in on some of the drama of a kindergartener's morning.
-"Omani cried today Mama. Did you see Omani crying?
- "Misha is my friend. I love Misha."
Today was - "I am so patiently waiting to do the lotion but I have to wait a long time for my turn."
On Tuesday she only spoke one sentence to me on the ride back.

"Today we gathered all of the warmth of the sun into our hearts."

Ahhhh . . .