Food

If you ever need inspiration to get passionate about cooking again, go to your local library and sit among the shelves of cookbooks. Ahhhh.. Even with both girls in tow I managed to fill my bag with a few good looking ones (two of course being Deborah Madison cookbooks).
Wow.
I love food. I love making good food for myself and others. I made two easy, yummy dishes last week for a dinner with friends - Feta and Ricotta Cheese skillet pie and Cabbage and Leek Gratin with mustard cream. mmmmmmm..... And then a few days later I made a Winter Squash Lasagne with sage and walnuts. Sahara disliked it (normal these days). Pablo thought it was fine. I ate three helpings it was so damn good. I used up the last of our stored Sweet Meat squash from last fall.
We've got spring gardening fever for sure. Today I went out to the farm store to price chicken wire for our big Spring Break project. I ended up getting a bunch of cilantro, lettuce and basil seeds. (They were on sale!)
The baby quail and ducks were adorable. The lady at checkout said that they get chicks in Wedneday mornings between 8:00 and 8:30 and they are all sold within 2 hours. Yikes. I envisioned spending time looking at all of them with the girls, but now I picture it being like an estate sale when the doors open. I think I'll go by myself when the time comes.