A whole new month

Both girls are sound asleep so I made myself some chocolate chip cookies and english breakfast decaf tea.
It is gorgeous outside so once everyone is up, we'll head out to the garden. Today was Sahara's first day back to school in 2 1/2 weeks (spring break) and we were both thrilled to be back on our routine. Her first words when I picked her up from school were: "Mommy, I love you." Ahhhhhh.
I've started some new sewing projects. Last night I made these lovely pants for Sahara from a linen skirt that was too big so I never wore it.



I actually followed a pattern, which is amazing for me, as I tend to begin projects with patterns and then decide to alter/improve/improvise and end up with some pretty odd, half-finished projects. Patterns are weird - that thin paper with symbols all over it. But pants are easy, especially with an elastic waist. I made them size 4 (according to the pattern) but they could easily fit a 9 year old. I guess I will need to alter it!

Lydia has been practicing her sitting and laughing laughing laughing at her sister's antics.